If you’ve grown tired of your usual date night routine, mix things up at one of these great local spots in the West Valley! From classics like movies and bowling (with a twist), to more out-of-the-ordinary choices like painting parties and super fun trampolines, there is always something guaranteed to keep things interesting!
Here’s a look at 12 unique date night ideas in the West Valley:
- Located at 7701 W. Paradise Ln. Peoria AZ 85382
Instead of the typical “dinner and a movie,” opt instead for dinner and a live show at the Arizona Broadway Theater. Each of their six-eight seasonal, off-Broadway productions come with a themed menu and you have the option to pick your seats, so you can ensure the night goes off without a hitch. If you’re looking to mix things up, check out this unique theater now.
- Located at 9040 W. Larkspur Dr. Ste. 134 Peoria, AZ 85381
- Click here for daily hours/events
What could be more spontaneous than a trampoline date? At Sky Zone, you can enjoy floors of trampolines, as well as a dodgeball court, foam zone, jousting, and much more. If your date is up for a little healthy competition (or is just up for the unexpected) take him or her to Sky Zone for a night to remember.
- Located at 5650 N. 55th Ave. Glendale, AZ 85301
A classic date-night locale since the 1930s, a drive-in is the perfect intimate alternative to indoor theaters. At the West Wind Drive-In, you and your date will be treated to crystal clear sound and picture, thanks to their technologically-advanced projectors and sound system that connects directly to your car radio. So, grab a bite from the snack bar, cuddle up in the car, and enjoy the show.
- Located at 6110 N. 59th Ave. Glendale, AZ 85301
- Hours: 9:00am-11:00pm Sunday; 1:00pm-10:00pm Monday; 4:00pm-10:00pm Tuesday-Wednesday; 1:00pm-11:00pm Thursday; 11:00am-2:00am Friday-Saturday
You can learn a lot about a person by the way they bowl! At Glenfair Lanes, you and your date can partake in daily specials like $1.95 games Monday-Friday from open-5:00pm or Thursday Dollar Menu Night, where everything from nachos to hotdogs becomes only $1.00. Grab your date, grab a ball, and have nothing but fun at Glenfair Lanes.
- Located at 9460 W. Hanna Ln. Glendale, AZ 85305
- Hours: 11:00am-12:00am Monday-Thursday; 11:00am-1:00am Friday-Saturday; 10:00am-12:00am Sunday
The adult answer to “Chuck-E-Cheese’s,” Dave & Buster’s is the place for a date night you won’t want to end. Tons of state-of-the-art games, from classics to new exclusives, plus awesome prizes, delicious food and drinks, and late night hours make this spot an absolute must for any adventurous couple.
- Located at 10054 N. 43rd Ave. Glendale, AZ 85302
- Click Here for a Complete Weekly Schedule
Take it back to the 80s with a good ol’ couple’s skate at Great Skate in Glendale. With live DJs, a fully-stocked cafe, and events happening almost everyday of the week, you are guaranteed a great time no matter when you come. So, throw on some wheels and rekindle that old spark at Great Skate.
- Located at 8190 W. Union Hills #150 Glendale, AZ 85308
- Hours: 5:00pm-10:00pm Thursday-Friday; 12:00pm-10:00pm Saturday; 12:00pm-5:00pm Sunday; closed Monday-Wednesday
For a double date night you won’t soon forget, check out ArTherapy For Me. They specialize in parties and events where you and your group can sip on some adult beverages, chat, and learn to paint a work of art. You’ll have a great time getting to know your date in a relaxed environment and the best part is that when you’re done, you’ll have a great masterpiece to always remind you of your special night out.
- Located at 6751 N. Sunset Blvd. Ste. E-206 Glendale, AZ 85305
- Click Here for a Complete Schedule of Upcoming Events
If you want to gauge your date’s comedic taste, take him or her to the Stir Crazy Comedy Club. This intimate venue showcases touring comedians who have been featured on high-profile places like Comedy Central and the Tonight Show. Laugh it up (and possibly make a connection through your funny bones) at this unique local gem.
- Located at 6770 N. Sunrise Blvd. Ste. G-100 Glendale, AZ 85305
- Hours: 11:00am-12:00am Sunday-Thursday; 11:00am-2:00am Friday-Saturday
For a bowling alley that is so much more, stop by Tavern+Bowl on your next date night. This spot not only offers great bowling on premium lanes, but also a scratch kitchen filled with delicious food and beer, cocktails, and happy hour specials that you won’t want to pass up. Make an entire night of it with some casual bowling and brews at Tavern+Bowl.
- Located at 500 N. Estrella Pkwy. #B2-176 Goodyear, AZ 85338
- Click Here for a Complete Schedule of Upcoming Events
A night filled with singing, dancing, and hours of entertainment is exactly what you will get with Premier Piano Shows’ Dueling Pianos. Two pianists will perform piano renditions of classic songs, from the “Piano Man” by Billy Joel to “Gangsta’s Paradise” by Coolio, and you and your date are free to rock out and sing a long. Their Arizona teams are featured monthly at the Lakeside Bar and Grill, so check them out there or click here to book your own event.
- Located at 815 N. 2nd St. Phoenix AZ 85004
- Hours: 5:00pm-12:00am Monday-Thursday; 4:30pm-12:00am Friday; 1:00pm-12:00am Saturday; 1:00pm-11:00pm Sunday
For a movie night that is anything but ordinary, check out FilmBar in downtown Phoenix. Specializing in indie, foreign, cult, classic, and locally-made films, this is the spot to introduce your date to a favorite flick you can’t find anywhere else or experience something new together. With a bar stocked with craft beer and wine and tamales from the award-winning Tamale Store, you can’t go wrong with a date here.
- Located at 7241 W. Indian School Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85033
- Hours: 12:00pm-11:00pm Sunday & Tuesday; 4:00pm-11:0pm Monday & Wednesday-Thursday; 12:00pm-1:00am Friday-Saturday
Knock down some pins and enjoy lane-side service at Brunswick Zone Desert Sky Lanes. This place brings you the best in traditional bowling entertainment, with 40 premier lanes to choose from, plus arcade games, billiards, classic American grub, and signature drinks. Daily specials and events sweeten the deal and make this one of Phoenix’s top go-to date spots.
Don’t miss out on the best of the West Valley!
See what we love about living in Arizona’s West Valley on our blog:
If you’re a beer lover, you’re in luck—Arizona’s West Valley has some *awesome…
Food trucks have never been more popular, and Phoenix is filled with some of the most unus…