When the weather turns cold, it’s easy to just stay in the house. Instead, get your kids off the couch and inside one of the West Valley’s premier fun zones. From indoor playgrounds and parks to art projects, there is never a dull moment to be had!
Here’s a look at 17 things to do with kids over winter break in the West Valley this year:
A post shared by Jumpers Jungle (@jumpersjungle.peoria) on Feb 5, 2017 at 10:37am PST
- Located at 9299 W. Olive Ave. #406 Peoria, AZ 85345
- Click here for daily hours/events
If you’re looking for a place for the kids to blow off some steam, you’ll find it at Jumper’s Jungle. This play center is filled with inflatable obstacles, slides, bouncers, and much more that promise hours of fun for them and peace of mind for you (after all, they’re getting exercise rather than wasting time on electronic devices); it’s a win for everyone!
- Located at 14131 N. Rio Vista Blvd. Ste. 5 Peoria, AZ 85381-4917
- Click here for daily hours/events
Need a date night but the kids are always home? Pump it Up has you covered. Drop them off at this inflatable indoor playground and let them bounce around and enjoy pizza and drinks while you enjoy dinner with your significant other. For only $24.99 per child, it’s one of the best ways to get some adult time over a long and busy break.
- Located at 9040 W. Larkspur Dr. Ste. 134 Peoria, AZ 85381
- Click here for daily hours/events
For a night out the whole family can get in on, check out the world’s first indoor trampoline park, Sky Zone. Endless trampolines, ultimate dodgeball, Skyslam, Glow, and other unique events and attractions offer something for everyone and make Sky Zone one of Peoria’s most premier fun experiences.
A post shared by Sarah Wilson (@sarahlynnewilson) on Jul 16, 2015 at 6:53pm PDT
- Located at 9700 N. 91st Ave. Peoria, AZ 85345
- Check homepage (linked above) for complete hours
Add a dose of healthy competition to this winter break with a trip to Ape Index Rock Climbing Gym. All first-time visitors go through a thorough orientation process before hitting the walls and there are areas for every skill level, so nobody has to miss out on all the fun!
- Located at 8716 W. Ludlow Dr. #17 Peoria, AZ 85381
- Hours: 10:00am-9:00pm Monday-Friday; 10:00am-6:00pm Saturday; 12:00pm-6:00pm Sunday
Winter break is a great time to learn something new. If your child has shown interest in playing baseball or softball, check out D-BAT, one of the best baseball and softball training facilities in the country. Professional and collegiate instructors are there every step of the way to help your kids improve, grow, and have fun. They are offering a Holiday Break Camp from December 27-29, so click here to register him or her today.
A post shared by Johnny_B16c (@johnny_b16c) on Nov 17, 2017 at 3:03pm PST
- Located at 8463 W. Monroe St. Peoria, AZ 85345 (Peoria Main Library); 21109 N. 98th Ave. Peoria, AZ 85382 (Sunrise Mountain Library)
Be sure not to miss out on all of the great events at the Peoria Public Library this winter break. Storytimes, playgroups, crafts, movies, and so much more are perfect ways to spend an afternoon. And the best part? They’re all free!
A post shared by Playgrounds Fun Zone & Cafe (@playgroundsfunzone) on Aug 24, 2017 at 12:32pm PDT
- Located at 8190 W Union Hills Dr. Ste. 110 Glendale, AZ 85308
- Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday; 8:00am-2:00pm Saturday-Sunday; Family Night: 5:00pm-7:00pm Thursday
For a getaway you and your child will both love, check out Playgrounds Fun Zone & Cafe. Kids can run around the 3,500 square-foot indoor play space, while parents can unwind on one of their comfy couches or chairs. Afterwards, be sure to grab some lunch for you and your little one at the Cafe—maybe a delicious and sugary Fluffernutter sandwich?
A post shared by Amy Margiotta (@goghpaint) on Dec 9, 2017 at 4:24pm PST
- Located at 20165 N. 67th Ave. #114 Glendale, AZ 85308
- Click here for a complete calendar of available classes
If you’re looking for a more laid-back way to spend an evening over break, register for a class at Gogh Paint. Here, you are taken through step-by-step instructions to create a masterpiece to take home to your family. Kids classes are available, so check the calendar (linked above) and sign you and your child up today!
A post shared by Viktoriya Vetter (@viktoriyavetter) on Aug 29, 2017 at 11:19am PDT
- Located at 9410 Hanna Dr. #A-109 Glendale, AZ 85305
- Hours: 10:00am-9:00pm Monday-Thursday; 10:00am-10:00pm Friday-Saturday; 11:00am-6:00pm Sunday
Another great place to get creative juices flowing is the As You Wish Pottery Painting Place. At As You Wish, you and your child can choose a handcrafted plate, mug, or figurine, paint and design it, and have it glazed and fired. Not only do you get to spend some quality time together letting your inner artists out, but you will both have priceless keepsakes to always remind you of your winter break fun.
A post shared by Dani Ketner (@danik1075) on Sep 7, 2016 at 2:52pm PDT
- Located at 5959 W. Brown St. Glendale, AZ 85302 (Main Library); 19055 N. 57th Ave.
Glendale, AZ 85308 (Foothills Branch); 7010 N. 58th Ave. Glendale, AZ 85301 (Velma Teague Branch)
Like the Peoria Public Library, the Glendale Public Library is playing host to an array of great free events over the winter holiday. Christmas crafts, reading groups, and unique happenings like a snowball battle on the main library lawn all make for fun and festive ways for your kids to celebrate the season and keep busy out of school.
A post shared by Elevate Trampoline Park (@elevatepark) on Oct 14, 2017 at 6:21pm PDT
- Located at 701 N. 137th Ave. Goodyear, AZ 85338
- Hours: 10:00am-9:00pm Monday-Thursday; 10:00am-11:00pm Friday-Saturday; 10:00am-6:00pm Sunday
Tumbling, twirling, climbing, and bouncing are just some of the things your kids can do at Elevate Trampoline Park. Get them up and moving with this park’s array of monkey bars, jousting areas, challenge rings, and (of course) trampolines, and even join in the fun yourself. No matter what, it’s sure to be a day they will be talking about for ages!
A post shared by The Little Gym (@tlglitchfieldparkaz) on Jun 27, 2017 at 6:34pm PDT
- Located at 319 North Litchfield Rd. Ste. 104B Goodyear, AZ 85338
Time to let the little ones enjoy some playtime at the Little Gym’s winter camps. Here, kids ages 3-8 can take part in three different camps, where they will learn necessary skills, socialize with others, and have a ton of fun while flexing their physical, mental, and emotional muscles. These camps are coming up soon, so sign your child up for a week of adventure today.
A post shared by Stephanie Huntress (@shuntress12) on Oct 8, 2017 at 5:19pm PDT
- Located at 15495 W. Bell Rd. Ste. 104 Surprise, AZ 85374
- Hours: 9:00am-8:00pm Monday-Thursday; 9:00am-9:00pm Friday-Saturday; 10:00am-6:00pm Sunday
For a place that stimulates every sense, nothing beats Luv 2 Play. This indoor play place features a playground, pretend area, video games, and a relaxation area for the parents, with colors, sights, and sounds around every corner. If you need to escape the winter blahs, this is the spot to be.
- Located at 15341 W. Waddell Rd. #101 Surprise, AZ 85379
- Hours: 12:00pm-5:30pm Wednesday-Thursday; 12:00pm-9:00pm Friday-Saturday; 12:00pm-5:00pm Sunday; closed Monday-Tuesday
Spend an afternoon unleashing your inner Van Gogh at Mad Platter Pottery. Here, everyone can pick and design their own unique piece and have it fired and ready to go one week after it’s painted. A great stress reliever for all ages, a session at Mad Platter Pottery is time well spent.
A post shared by Christine Duve Parrott (@christineduve) on Oct 14, 2017 at 12:51pm PDT
- Located at 13525 N. Litchfield Rd. Surprise, AZ 85379
- Hours: 10:00am-12:00am Monday-Thursday & Sunday; 10:00am-2:00am Friday-Saturday
What better way to have fun on a winter day than with a game of bowling? At Uptown Alley, you and the gang can enjoy one of their 40 state-of-the-art lanes, plus a sports theater, laser tag, live entertainment, and full-service restaurant. With everything you could need at your fingertips, Uptown Alley is a haven of fun that cannot be missed.
A post shared by Judy (@juju875) on Dec 1, 2017 at 10:04pm PST
- Located at 215 N. 7th St. Phoenix, AZ 85034
- Hours: 9:00am-4:00pm Tuesday-Sunday; closed Monday
This winter break, get your kids’ minds and bodies exercising with a trip to the Children’s Museum of Phoenix. Tons of interactive exhibits encourage your children to touch and interact with everything and their winter break camps ensure that the fun doesn’t have to end at just one day. If you want to experience one of the top 3 children’s museums in the nation, check out the Children’s Museum of Phoenix this season.
A post shared by Rachel Fensterheim (@rachel2019_photos) on Jan 4, 2017 at 10:28pm PST
- Located at 600 E. Washington St. Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Hours: Open Daily 10am – 5pm (closed on Christmas)
The Arizona Science Center truly has something for everyone, and programs for preschoolers to teens and adults are all in the mix! Especially not to miss this winter is the incredible Snow Week (December 26, 2017 – January 1, 2018), a wintry extravaganza that involves covering Heritage & Science Park Hill with over 75 tons of snow! But that’s not all—there are several indoor activities to enjoy over winter break as well. Take a look at their events and programs here.
For more holiday-inspired ideas , keep exploring our blog:
When guests fly in for the holidays, it can be difficult to think of ways to keep them ent…
One of the biggest questions that home buyers have is about when to buy a home. When’s t…