Whether you’re getting ready to whip up something extra-special for Thanksgiving or preparing your holiday dinner spread, you’ll definitely want to check out some of the awesome supermarkets in Arizona’s West Valley! From international treats to fresh, delicious ingredients, these specialty shops can’t be beat.
Here is our list of the best specialty supermarkets in the West Valley (organized by town for your convenience!):
|A post shared by Candice (@croush) on Jul 21, 2017 at 1:32pm PDT||A post shared by Jeff Maxcy (@montanman) on Sep 2, 2017 at 12:56pm PDT|
- Located at 3437 W. Dunlap Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85051
- Hours: 9:00am-6:00pm Monday-Saturday; closed Sunday (except Superbowl Sunday); for more on holiday hours, click here
If you’re still looking for staple items in your Italian meal, stop by Romanelli’s. A one-stop shop for everything from olive oil and sauces to gelato and other desserts, this deli is your ticket to a holiday meal to remember.
- Located at 5030 W. McDowell Rd. Ste. 35 Phoenix, AZ 85035
- Hours: 10:00am-6:00pm daily
For those who prefer a seafood feast on the holidays, Mariscos De Guaymas cannot be beat. Fresh shrimp, oysters, octopus, and so much more are guaranteed to be a delicious end to a festive day.
|A post shared by SОS (@cassiesos) on Jun 7, 2017 at 1:00pm PDT||A post shared by Ryan D Winkle (@ryandwinkle) on Oct 20, 2015 at 2:12pm PDT|
- Located at 536 E. Dunlap Ave. #1 Phoenix AZ 85020
- Hours: 8:00am-6:00pm Monday-Saturday; 12:00pm-3:00pm Sunday
If you’re looking for something to impress your friends and family with, check out Tony’s! This spot serves up delicious authentic sandwiches and pastas, plus deli goodies like fresh mozzarella and prosciutto.
- Located at 6740 W. Indian School Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85033
- Hours: 9:00am-9:00pm Monday; 8:00am-9:00pm Tuesday-Sunday
Specializing in products from around the globe, Lam’s is your one-stop shop for a holiday meal that everyone’s sure to love! With produce you can’t find anywhere else and items imported directly from numerous southeastern Asian countries, you can make a truly authentic meal, thanks to Lam’s!
A post shared by Chicken + Donut + Ramen + Beer (@welcomechickenanddonuts) on Jun 19, 2015 at 2:39pm PDT
- Located at 202 E. Buckeye Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Saturday; closed Sunday
No meal is complete without the star of the show… the meat! Luckily, the Meat Shop offers delectable cuts of steak, pork, ham, and even rabbit. Whatever carnivorous joys make your holiday complete, you will find the best of the best at the Meat Shop.
- Located at 3611 N. 34th Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85017
- Hours: 7:00am-3:00pm Monday-Friday; closed Saturday-Sunday
If your holiday meal is in need of a little spice, check out the Sahuaro Spice Company. With a variety of fresh and custom-made spices in “no frills” packaging, this shop is just what you need to finish off any feast.
|A post shared by Zakti Vibe (@zakti_vibe) on Mar 23, 2017 at 8:09pm PDT||A post shared by Fresh Select (@freshselectdips) on Jun 4, 2016 at 11:41am PDT|
- Located at 655 W. Indian School Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85013
- Hours: 9:00am-9:05pm Monday-Saturday; 9:00am-8:05pm Sunday
When the holidays roll around, it can be easy to lose sight of healthy eating. Luckily, Natural Grocers is around to make sure your Thanksgiving is as fresh, organic, and nutritious as can be. To learn more about the principles that make Natural Grocers a go-to health food market, click here.
- Located at 3435 W. Northern Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85051
- Hours: 10:00am-6:00pm Thursday-Saturday & Monday; 11:00am-4:00pm Sunday; closed Tuesday-Wednesday
For those searching for Japanese ingredients, you’ll find the most authentic products at the New Tokyo Food Market! Mochi, Ramune, sushi, and so much more will add a fun and delicious twist to any holiday celebration.
GLENDALE & PHOENIX
|A post shared by just jen 💜 (@adventurejen) on Sep 17, 2016 at 1:33pm PDT||A post shared by Toni Rockley (@peena1013) on Jan 8, 2016 at 2:00pm PST|
- Located at 20050 N. 67th Ave. Glendale, AZ 85308; 4430 E. Camelback Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85018; 5017 N. Central Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85012
- Hours: 6:00am-9:00pm daily; 6:00am-8:00pm Central Ave. location (temporary construction makeover hours)
Purveyors of some of the finest food in Arizona, AJ’s Fine Foods is the perfect place for any holiday prep. Top-of-the-line meat selections, fresh and exotic produce, and even catering and floral arrangement options are guaranteed to give your meal and elegance that no one will forget.
A post shared by Dennis Ryan (@sinnednayr) on Dec 23, 2016 at 6:00pm PST
- Located at 7575 W. Cactus Rd. Peoria, AZ 85381
- Hours: 9:00am-9:00pm daily
If you’re feeling adventurous this holiday season, stop by the Lee Lee International Supermarkets. An exhaustive selection of sauces, spices, mixes, teas, snacks, and other items from countries all around the globe promise a delicious meal unlike any other.
- Located at 9201 W. Van Buren St. Tolleson, AZ 85353
- Hours: 7:00am-9:00pm daily
For an authentically Mexican holiday meal, grab some groceries from Mercado Y Carniceria El Rodeo. Their carne asada, homemade salsa, tortillas, tamales, and guacamole are filled with south-of-the-border flavor that you will not want to pass up.
A post shared by senorchelada phx (@senorchelada_phx) on May 24, 2017 at 8:38pm PDT
- Located at 810 N. 91st Ave. Tolleson, AZ 85353
Another great Mexican grocery spot is Carniceria Y Marketa Rancho El Grande. If you’re looking for flavorful food to feed your whole family at a reasonable price, this is the place to go.
Keep exploring our blog for more West Valley recommendations & insider tips:
One advantage to Phoenix’s warm temperatures is the abundance of year-round and off-seas…
Being strategic about your home’s garden can help to keep pesky insects away! We figure,…